Saturday, August 28, 2010

I LOVE CRAIG'S LIST!!!

For the first time in our almost 19 years together Tim and I got new bedroom furniture!!  For those of you that remember, Tim was going to get me a bed for Christmas but when I got a hold of what he was thinking I stopped that idea dead in it's tracks!  The bed he had picked out was like one of those 1980's, country oak water bed frames with curly q's burned into the wood and a mirror in the headboard....  So, suffice it to say I finally splurged and got my new furniture!!  I LOVE IT!!  Of course I was very original since I just went and ordered the same bedroom set my sister has when I was in Waterloo a month ago and Tim was in Orlando (thought it would go over better for me to spend the money while he was spending money with the boys in Florida).

Our prior furniture included 2 hand me down dressers from my oldest sister Kathi, we've had them for 15 years and not sure how long she had them.  Anyway, I took pics before I had even emptied the drawers and put them on Craigslist.  Within 5 minutes I had someone wanting to come and get them!  I had to empty the drawers, dust off the cobwebs on the back of them, shine them up a bit and move them towards the door while Tim and Coop were at football practice.  By the time they got home the lady was here to collect them!!  Coop asked how much I got and I said $100, he said WOW, we must have some good stuff!!  I think he's eyeing our belongings and seeing what he can sell :0  Note to self:  Don't leave Coop home unattended with a computer....

And by the way, Jenny Craig is going VERY WELL!  The food is actually fantastic!  I have learned that it is definitely about portion control...

Well, I am off to Adam's football scrimmage, hope it is a nice cool morning.  I am ready for football weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment