Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fallen off the wagon?

So it's been a while since I've posted...  What is my excuse?  The dog ate my laptop?  Scratch that, everyone knows I've been on Facebook.  Jenny Craig kicked me out of the program?   Scratch that, they take your money even if you aren't losing weight (I've lost 3 pounds!).  Seriously, it's just the crazy, busy life of a working mother.

So where do I begin?

The week started off with a bang with Coop waking me up in the middle of the night with his eyes sealed shut (obviously he could open them up enough to make it across the room to my side of the bed).  Yep, sealed up pink eyes.  After an early morning visit to urgent care I went to pick up his prescriptions only to find out that my insurance company had cancelled the dependent coverage because I failed to submit a marriage license and birth certificates to prove that the people I have had on my insurance plan since 1997 really belong to me.  Lord knows, who else would want them!

Tonight my 6th grader called me at 3:10 to ask if I would pick him up at the school.  Ummm, I'm at work, a good half hour away.  We of course forgot that there was an after school "party" and he didn't have the $4 he needed for admission.  I sent him to find his brother in the locker room getting ready for football to ask for the money - problem solved.  Until my phone rang at 4:15 and my 9 year old called to say she is home alone.  Crap, I forgot that if Coop and Adam were at school, no one would be home to watch Mac!!  With every intention of driving home I tried to wrap things up.  At about 5:00 Mac called to say Coop was picking on her, problem solved, she is no longer at home alone!!!  Of course I still hadn't left work....

I did have some major successes though!  Count me in as the first person to obtain the coveted Glamour Witch Costume from Party City!  There will be no scrounging for costumes on October 30th for me!!  I hope I have the same foresight in January to ensure that Maclaine doesn't have to have random Valentine's Day cards purchased on February 13th at midnight and hastily assembled on Valentine's morning.  I feel like I am really making progress on getting organized!  Now if I could just get the dehydated french fries, chewed up wads of gum and Mac's ever growing collection of "stuff" out of the mini-van, I'd really feel like I'd accomplished something.  Have a great night all!!

1 comment:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how one little forgotten event snowballs into near chaos. We moms are like those people who spin all those plates in the circus or something!! Did you get your insurance fixed? That's craziness!

    ReplyDelete